All I have in me right now is bullet points, sorry.
- I'm still in the hospital, at least for now. I've had daily NST monitoring and they have all come back within the normal range, phew!
- I was moved to a private room on Saturday and that has made all the difference. I'm now getting sleep.
- My GD has been acting funny since I was admitted. I've had two hypoglycemic episodes, which have been scary. Yesterday my blood sugar dropped so low that i was instructed to drink juice ASAP, eat and then retest. I felt so faint and dizzy, but luckily, the protocol helped and I felt better relatively quickly, but boy was it scary.
- They bumped up my growth scan to this morning and LMI has gained a pound in two weeks! She now weighs 4lbs12oz and is up from the 16th to the 19th percentile. I won't know what this means for her until later today/tomorrow as the staff dr needs to review the scan. I think the imminent delivery scare is over, but she will be closely watched for sure. I have no idea what the plan is in terms of me staying here or being discharged and I have mixed feelings about it.
- It would be AWESOME to go home, sleep in my own bed, shower and be home finishing up my last minute things
- I would have more flexibility and be able to get some fresh air
- 95% of the time I am stable, but for that time when I am not, it is very reassuring to be here
- I'm being so closely monitored that nothing will slip through the cracks
- I will be seen as an outpatient 3 times a week by my OB and this will be frustrating and hard - especially since I don't drive
So I guess time will tell what the plan is for me and Little Miss IT. I will update more later. thank you for the thoughts and well wishes, they are so needed and really help brighten the day. Today is 35w3d, I never thought I would reach this milestone, let's ee how far we can get!
Here is the information from morning rounds today:
- drs happy with growth ultrasound, baby doing well
- having an MRI as soon as possible to investigate headaches, ruling out random things - we all expect it to be normal
- once MRI results are back and normal, I will be discharged
- regular monitoring of me and baby as out patient
- if at anytime me or baby not doing well, babys coming out
- won't let me go past 39 weeks