Friday, June 10, 2011

My heart and thoughts are with my dear friend Lisa as she and her husband are in emotional hell after loosing their beautiful babies this week. the out pouring of love of and support that this community has shown her is just another reason why I am so proud to be a part of it. We stand together and support each other both in times of happiness and extreme sadness. I know that I couldn't have survived the last year without all of you and I am forever grateful for the friendships and community I have found. I know that those in IF or PG loss despair are also in agreement when I say, THANK YOU.

***

In other news, I had my follow- up OB appointment and 2 hour GD test. As usual, the results are inconclusive. First, Little Miss IT seems to be doing really well. I had a biophysical ultrasound (BPP) where she scored 8/8! The test measures four different areas and you either score a 0 or a 2, so we are right on track. In terms of her growing, we need to recheck next week as there needs to be at least two weeks between tests to get accurate results. So we will rescan next week and the week after. Yay for more in depths looks at her. She is starting to get more real to me, having some one on one time with her (and the ultrasound techs) has really helped me to bond with her more. Still, I don't have this intense feelings...yet. Now the GD test part two. I technically passed, but by .1 on 2/3 tests, so my OB is not convinced that I am gestational diabetes free and so we repeat the test in two weeks. Ugh! But, better safe than sorry.

So the plan is to continue to get monitored closely and I know that me and the Little Miss will be ok.

-R.

6 comments:

  1. I'm glad you're little one is scoring perfect scores! If you do have a blood sugar issue, you can usually control it with diet (we see tons of gestational diabetics at the endo clinic where I practice) so hopefully it won't be too big of an issue.

    My heart is broken for Lis, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy to hear about the perfect scores! Close monitoring is always a good thing, and I'm glad to hear that Little Miss It is starting to seem more real!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad Little Miss It is scoring very well! This is great news! Crossing fingers you won't develop GD. My thoughts are frequently with Lis and T too...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am happy that you and Little Miss It are doing well. I read about BIBC on another blog and it saddens/angers me at the same time. It's just not fair.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Little Miss IT is going to be a superstar!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sucks about the GD but I am very glad to read that you and the fetus are generally doing well. :)

    ReplyDelete