Saturday, July 3, 2010

Nice Day

Today was the best day I have had in a l-o-n-g time. I didn't think it was going to start out well because I had a bit of rough night. I took the last dose around 8:30 pm and went directly to lie down. I watched the movie Fa.me in bed (not nearly as good as the original) and then fell asleep. At 2:30 am, I woke to take my next dose of pain killers, but in the dark I grabbed the wrong bottle and only took 15 mg of Codeine, Not. Nearly. Enough. So, at 5:00 am, I woke up to excruciating pain and realizing my mistake, took the real deal. I was able to fall back asleep for another few hours.

When it was finally time to get out bed, A. and I decided that we were going to spend the day together. He made me a delicious breakfast of banana chocolate chip pancakes (one thing about not cycling or being pregnant is that I am eating chocolate like it is going out of style) and then we spent a few hours lounging outside in the backyard in the gorgeous summer weather. It was both relaxing and really nice. I think we both needed this We even decided that we are going to try and book a weekend away at a nearby resort in the next coming weeks, so stay tuned for that update.

Tonight, we made a delicious BBQ dinner (I'm not really feeling up to going out right now) of arugula salad with a light lemon vinaigrette, lemon marinated chicken breasts, basmati rice with pine nuts and of course, a chilled Chardonnay to drink (another thing I have missed) and if there is room, some Tur.tles ice cream for dessert.



Today was just about us; taking it easy at home, remembering all the things we love about each other and most of all, not talking about IF or pregnancy at all.

-R.

4 comments:

  1. Awesome R...sounds like an awesome day! You'll have to post the recipes too...looks DELISH!! Can't wait to hear about the weekend getaway too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad it was a better day! Looks very good and my mouth is already watering.

    T

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your dinner looks yummy! I'm glad you were able to focus on each other for the day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds lovely. Hope every day going forward is just as good.

    ReplyDelete