Thursday, August 12, 2010

On the Mend

Yesterday was rough, today is better. I am in cottage country with my mom and A., my dad and grandmother will join us for the weekend. The weather is beautiful and it is peaceful, what better way to recover.

The hysteroscopy and re-group was a little fuzzy, but what I do remember is the new plan. How many plans have I been through already? So here it is. I am going to start taking vitamin 3 400iu a day and trental (a drug that increases blood flow - experimental for IF use) now. I will continue these medications until I start progesterone. Once my period starts (in a month or so) I will then go back to a standard FET protocol with patches, estrace, viagara and baby aspirin. I will also continue with the electro-acupuncture.

I am happy that I have a plan in place. The dr. thinks I can transfer in October so I am hoping for that. Let's hope there are no more hurdles between now and then!

-R.

6 comments:

  1. It is scorchingly hot right now and blindingly sunny so I'm glad you're in cottage country, soaking it all up and recovering. Welcome home (back to Canada)!

    I'm glad you have a plan in place and that it involves something new...a change. That was what I always looked for - the differences between cycles. How were we approaching it differently? This new experimental drug - I hope it is the key for you and makes a huge difference in your cycle. It's already mid August...October isn't too far away now and you're on your way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey R, sounds like a great plan. Both my A and I are crossing our fingers, toes and whatever else we can cross that this IS IT for you and A. October...that's the plan for us to do our CCS FET too...would be so cool if we could meet IRL! Have a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a great plan. Hope the time flies until October for you! Have a great weekend in cottage country!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad that you have a plan and are back on track. This new med sounds very interesting and promising. Try to relax and enjoy the rest of the summer. Before you know it school will start again and you'll be on your way!

    ReplyDelete
  5. a plan is always in order, and after a storm like yours it becomes so so important. its hard to wait to be able to try again and once a plan is in place, its a little easier to deal with timelines.
    im glad you are recovering. tell me a little more about cottage country, please? is that the same place that lisainsk goes?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so glad to read that you are feeling better R., and that you are relaxing in cottage country this weekend. Sounds like exactly what you need. I am sending you many healing thoughts.

    ReplyDelete