Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Back in the saddle

Blogger won't let the paragraphs space out, does anyone know why this happens? The last two weeks have been filled with jumping back onto the saddle of my old life...work and doctors. Work. I technically am on maternity leave until August, however I have begun going into school for meetings relating to the upcoming school year. Even though I am excited about going to back to work theoretically, I felt a lot of anxiety towards leaving LMI and being back in the actual workplace. But, once I got in my car and started to drive there, it was like autopilot and it was as if I never left. I know that going on a daily basis with full day hours will be so different, but my first real experience of leaving LMI was successful. My MIL has begun watching LMI for short amounts of time on a weekly basis recently and this has allowed me to have some me time. Until recently, I had only been able to have some time to myself on weekends when A. was home to watch her, so this has been a good transition for both LMI and myself. LMI will be going to a home daycare near our house full time starting in August. The daycare is really sweet and there are only 10 children all 1-2years old. I never would have thought that I would have selected a daycare (I always had a live in nanny) never mind a home care, but after looking at all our options I felt that this was the perfect place for LMI. If I couldn't watch her, then this was the next best thing. We are going transition her over a week, but I will be working part-time for the first month back so I am around if need be. I think I am most anxious about the time constraints. Will it be a long day for LMI? Will she be too tired to spend time with me at the end of the day? Right now she wakes up in the morning between 630-700. I leave for work at 730 so we will have thirty minutes in the morning together before A gives her breakfast and drops her at daycare. We will probably get home at 600 just in time for dinner and then hopefully a good amount of playtime before a bath and bed by 730. I am thinking I will be probably push her bedtime to 800 so we have more time at night, but then I may miss the mornings with her, so we will need to see how that goes. If you have a child in daycare, what is your schedule? Doctors. I have doctor appointments coming out of the wahzoo. I went on a search for a new local RE. I really like my RE, but her practice and I do not get along. I had too much stress there prepping for all my different cycles and who can forget about my BFF ultrasonagrapher who fucked up on more than one occasion causing me to jump on a plane to Denver immediately and the NT scan disaster. So ya, it was time for a change. You would be surprised how difficult it is to find a new RE when you have embryos across the boarder and no plans to move them. Thankfully a new clinic recently opened and it is 2 minutes from my house. They are the loveliest people and were so accommodating to me that I am thrilled that they have agreed to take me on as a satellite patient. I have also reached out to CCRM and had my first phone consult with the doc himself. Right now we are not actively trying nor preventing getting pregnant. But, I have not taken any BC and I am not pregnant. So the plan is to hopefully go out to Denver at the end of July for a quick check of the ole ute and then come home and try on our own until December at which point we will do an FET with my DE embryos. Getting my head in the game for my phone call was difficult. It took me longer than usual to formulate all my questions and I am sure I forgot to ask something. I did ask about a natural FET since I was able to get pregnant on my own and he said that for me that was an "interesting" idea that peeked his interest. I am sure we will revisit this idea when I go out there. He did say that since I was able to carry a pregnancy to term he is not concerned about my lining and as long as it gets to 6.5 he is ok with proceeding. That is a huge relief to me, since I am the "optimistic" 7 gal. Overall he is still the man of few words, but told me that he is welcoming me back with open arms. *** LMI is now ten months! She is changing so fast and everyday it seems like she is learning something new. She has mastered clapping her hands on command and is inconsistent with waving. For whatever reason, the words, give me five or high five, are hilarious to her and she gets a huge smile and laughs. Its really cute. Her hair is getting longer, but it is still sparse and short so if she goes out in gender neutral clothes, she is always called a boy. Ugh. I often put cute headbands on her to distinguish her as a girl. She's crawling all of the house and has been for a while, but she is now climbing the stairs and cruising on the furniture. I bet it won't be long before she is walking! Since I am the world's pickiest eater, I am trying very hard to expose her to a wide variety of foods and recipes and so far it is working. She is a great eater. She doesn't love rough textures (like the breading on a chicken finger), but loves the insides and pretty much anything with cheese. It is always fun to watch her feed herself and see how much actually ends up in her mouth compared to the floor or her bib catcher. I am finding it exhausting trying to come up with new recipes to try so if you have some good ones please send them along! So that's what has been going on with us the last little while. Thanks for reading to the end. ;) -R.

7 comments:

  1. Good to hear from you R! Sounds like thing are going well for you and LMI, that's great. with the food stuff, I make her mini meatballs that i keep frozen, so i can defrost 1-2 for a meal for her. i also do ice cube trays of tomato sauce i make - she will eat most anything that has tomato sauce on it! or cheese.

    The Blogger thing - when you are in the "compose post" section, look to the right, and choose "options" the last option is about page breaks, you have to toggle to having enter become a paragraph break. don't ask my why, it is the dumbest thing ever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you're composing in HTML, then you need to add 'p' and '/p' tags (in angle brackets instead of quotation marks) around the paragraphs in order to get them to break.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope everything goes well when you transition LMI to daycare. You seem to know your stuff, but is the staff to child ratio adequate? In BC the licensing laws are pretty strict of a ration of 1 staff to 4 babies. Do all staff have their crim records and CPR/First Aid up to date? Are they licensed? Have you called your local licensing office to make sure there isn’t any infractionsd or reports against them. Are their prices too good to be true? Have you seen how the staff interacts with the children? I had been into several daycares and always listened to my gut. What do they do with the kids for a routine? Do they get adequate outside time/music/cuddles etc. I've seen nanny shares where 2 families will go in for one nanny at someone’s house so it's one nanny and 2-3 babies. If I had gone back to work when my son was 1 I probably would've gone that route. I hope all is well when you do the FET or spontaneously conceive. Fingers crossed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So nice to hear from you again in blogland!! Our daycare routine is up no later than 7 as LN10 does not like to eat right away (I feed him breakfast) and then out the door by 8AM and daycare drop off 5-10 mins later. His naps seem to consolidate to just one nap at daycare (still 2 at home) but he seems to tolerate less daytime sleep well and I am sure LMI will adjust accordingly. There's just waay too much fun to be had at daycare than spend the time sleeping apparently! Having been on the other side of the working mommy fence for 2 months now...please try and relax. Everything will be just fine. But I know its much easier said than done. With you every step of the way for #2!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, we have an in home nanny but our kiddos go to bed at 7, wake up at 5:45 or 6, our nanny arrives at 6:30 and my hubs is home by 4:30, I am home by 5 or 5:30 at the latest. So we get a little time before work an a couple of hours after we get home and that is just three days per week. I'm home all day two days per week.
    It'll be an adjustment but you'll all do just fine!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's great to hear from you, R. You sound great!
    I'm really glad to read that the first steps of your transition back to work have gone well, and happy for you that you still have the summer to spend with your beloved LMI.
    I'm excited to read about your ttc plans, and will keep hoping that the second time around, the ride will be much smoother for you and your husband.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great update. I'm so excited for you to be trying again. I can't believe how many of my buddies are trying for/ pregnant with their second. It's got my wheels turning too....but not yet.

    We are starting to think about daycare too, so it will be good to read your thoughts about it.

    ReplyDelete