Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Cravings

Today was one of those days, you know the one, where you want to eat everything in sight. I haven't had a day like this in a long time. At work, I got it in my head that I needed a donut. It was all I could think about since lunch. On my way to my session with SJ, I decided to indulge myself. When I got to Tim Hortons (way better than Dunkin' Donuts, but no Krispy Kreme), I couldn't decide what to order as I have donuts so infrequently. I decided that I should do the logical thing, order the holes so there are a variety of flavours. I ate them all. Eight on the way to see SJ and two on the way home.

The eating did not stop there. I proceed to eat sushi, warm baguette and even bought (but at the time writing this had not eaten) both Pringles and cherry blasters. What is wrong with me? I have become an eating machine. I can only image what will happen if I get pregnant!

I would consider myself a pretty healthy eater most days. I like my fruit and vegetables and eat a lot of chicken breast for protein, this is so out of character, but boy was it delicious.

This day of eating got me thinking about my favourite foods and my dream meals. Here is what I have come up with so far (it ain't fancy, but it sure is delicious)

Breakfast: Warm twister bagel with cream cheese, vanilla latte (caffeinated of course) and fresh fruit

Lunch: Greek salad, grilled cheese and fries with a chocolate milk shake

Dinner: BBQ chicken breast, mashed potatoes, grilled vegetables and a diet Coke

Snacks: sour patch kids, world class chocolate ice cream and Godiva chocolate pretzels



What do you crave?

-R.

4 comments:

  1. You're channeling me because I crave donuts! :)

    I eat very healthy for regular food but I have a wicked sweet tooth. I just can't seem to help it.

    Sometimes you just have to indulge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i had a streak of a week or two where i was eating like this. it is emotional eating for me and also i quit taking my zoloft in preparation for this new cycle so i didnt have the supression from that.

    i crave chocolate, sushi, pizza, COCA COLA!

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I'm on progesterone, I crave EVERYTHING!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Give me anything salty and/or fried. Donuts, french fries, fritos, etc. Mmmmmm...now I'm hungry!

    ReplyDelete