Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Waiting

I feel like lately all I do is wait. Wait for the weekends, wait for the next vacation, wait for my next doctor's appointment, wait for the next friend to announce their pregnancy and now, wait for my IVF calendar. It should be here by now. I hate waiting. I am anxious all the time and constantly watching my blackberry to see the flashing light, indicating I have an email, always hoping the email is from the clinic...so far it has not been.

Tonight I should be on a plane home from Denver with my precious cargo on board, but instead, I am home, bitter and waiting.

-R.

1 comment:

  1. Ah yes, our friend "waiting". It always seems like something has not yet arrived. It is extremely frustrating for sure and I remember when we were trying to decide whether or not to cancel our cycle because it would mean waiting months until I could cycle again, which of course, seemed an an eternity. One of the things that helped me was to refocus my energies on trying to maximize the time that I was waiting by doing everything and anything I could to ensure that the cycle was going to go as I had envisioned it. All the little things during the waiting period I made count - the hypnosis, acupuncture, meditation...all the little preparatory steps I focused on that to help ease the time. You will be going to Denver soon so try to make the most of the time you have now - easier said than done I know - but the operative word is try. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete