Friday, September 10, 2010

Confirmation

I knew I wasn't crazy...I went today to my local RE to get an ultrasound and blood work. My old nurse told me to wait it out another week, but I know my body and know what my period feels like and I was right (so suck it old nurse). The results showed that I did indeed get a period. I immediately called my new nurse, lets call her NN (nice nurse) to get the ball rolling. Within hours I got a calendar, organized meds and began the FET prep.

We are all set for Oct. 6th, just under four weeks away. I would have liked to have a bit more time to build my lining, but this was the last spot available for October (I literally had to beg for it). I am doing a standard protocol with Estrace and Vivelle patches, but will add in the Viagara a bit later on. This will be waaaaaaay less estrogen than last time and I am hoping it will make a difference.

Oh it's on now.

-R.

12 comments:

  1. Hooray! And hooray for Nice Nurse! It's game on, baby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am utterly fascinated by this post. You have just sent me into a googling frenzy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to be your own advocate! Glad to hear that things are set and you have a calendar now. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic! Sounds like NN is going to be great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow!! Always trust your gut!! So glad you were able to get the last Oct FET schedule. I have been hearing the Oct schedules have been booking up which means that likely I'll be a Nov FET. Thanks for posting that bit of info.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad that you were able to get into the local RE and get confirmation. October 6 will be here in no time. I wonder if the rise in CGH testing is causing the demand for FET slots. I am hoping they aren't "overbooking" like they did last January.

    So glad that you've been assigned to NN! Having a great nurse can make a world of difference in all of this.

    Thank you for always commenting on my blog... that means a great deal to me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is soooo ON! And good for you to advocate for yourself! You do know your body best. YAY!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good job being your own best advocate! Things will be here before you know it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Way to be your own advocate! I'm so glad you got on the October calendar!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just about 4 weeks away!! So exciting!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm so glad that you were your own advocate, R. October 6th is right around the corner. This is it, I can just feel it!!

    T.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome!!! So close...I know you're excited. This is the one!

    ReplyDelete