Monday, July 12, 2010

Holy Moly

Remember these? They are the MOST uncomfortable shoes I have ever put on my feet. Tonight was my SIL's bridal shower. Finally, a nice event where I can get dressed up and break-in the new shoes before the wedding. Big mistake. Ouch. These shoes must have been invented by a man who hates women. Seriously, I don't know what I am going to do. First thing tomorrow I am going to buy those gel inserts and pray they work.

At least the shower was beautiful and it took my mind off myself for a couple of hours.

***

In other news I spoke to my nurse today and she said that I can only start building my lining again 60 days after I pass the tissue so if I get the all clear tomorrow, September 10th will be the day that I start building. I also wanted to inquire about GCs, and wouldn't you know it, there is a separate nurse department for that, so I have been passed along. I am really making my way through the staff there. I know it may seem like I am obsessing over the carrier, I'm not. I promise, I am just trying to learn as much as I can now, while I can think about it rationally. I think I'm just distracting myself from tomorrow's ultrasound. Wish me luck.

-R.

7 comments:

  1. Crossing fingers for the shoes and the ultrasound tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. R., I have everything crossed that your ultrasound goes well tomorrow. I'm always looking ahead to Plan B so, in your shoes, I would also be looking at GC's just in case.

    So sorry about the shoes. It seems like uncomfortable shoes and/or ugly dresses come with being a bridesmaid. My worst bridesmaid story was my college roommate's wedding. She picked a very heavy fabric suited for a winter wedding...for a wedding in San Antonio with an outside reception during the summer. I have never in my life been so miserable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fingers crossed that everything looks okay at the ultrasound today...
    Those shoes are lovely - I would kill myself because of the height but they are really pretty...can't you switch to slippers half way through the reception?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would think it was weird if you were NOT obsessing over "the carrier". For most of us, pregnancy is a part of the package and if it might not be for you, you want to freaking understand the situation. I don't blame you a bit!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are shoes? They look like torture devices to me! I'm not a high-heel wearer, I just don't have the pain tolerance for that. I do admire women that can wear those, but it is not me.

    Good luck at the u/s today! Fingers crossed!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm with Pie on the shoes. I just can't do heels like that. Although I could certainly use them as I am only 5'2"...

    Good luck on the ultrasound tomorrow. And September will be here before you know it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sorry about the shoes... I hate when beautiful shoes hurt! I am not a big heels girl at all, give me a pair of pretty flats and I am all over that!

    ReplyDelete