First of all, I need to say that I didn't cry today. Big improvement, and I am really proud of myself. A. left this morning for a boys road trip across the border to go and see a concert so I am home alone today and tomorrow. I decided that I was going to take some control. I actually left the house and did something for myself, I got a mani/pedi. It felt really nice to just be surrounded people and get pampered. I even choose colours out of my comfort zone. Dark purple toes and light purple nails both from the OPI Shrek collection. I then met a friend for a frozen coffee.
On to the WTF appointment. First of all, I love the dr. He reassured me that he will not give up on me and gave me some virtual hugs over the phone.
Basically here is the gist of it:
- Since I didn't have an D&C, there is no way to 100% know what caused the miscarriage, but he thinks it was my uterus.
- He doesn't recommend testing the embryos, but it is my decision. THere is no data to support testing the embryos and he doesn't recommend the thaw/refreeze/thaw. Again, he will do it I want, I just don't know.
- I can start to try again 60 days after I pass the tissue. Does that mean 60 days to start building the lining, or 60 days until the transfer? I will follow-up with my nurse on this.
- In terms of testing to be done, he recommends I do another hysteroscopy in his office. THis can be done with my next period. If I can't make it down there, I can do a sono locally. My preference is to do the hysteroscopy if the timing works out.
- He didn't have a copy of my recurrent pregnancy blood work, so my local dr. will fax it along. I may want to repeat this testing.
- I asked about the protocol and we may try the patches and estrace first, and then add the delestrogen if needed. This was the protocol from my OE FET and my lining was 7.5mm. Not sure, will rediscuss when I go for the hysteroscopy.
- He thinks I should try again with my uterus and if it doesn't work, move on to a GC. Holy shit, that would suck!
I will admit that I cried after I hung up the phone. I just don't know what to think. I did call A. and he told me is in 100% with me and that everything would be ok. I love him for that.