Monday, April 5, 2010

Happy Birthday A.

A. turns 36 today! I can't believe it. I have always felt that he was old (compared to me), but he is now in his mid thirties, while I am still a young thirty. He is unaffected by his age, probably because he doesn't have a biological clock ticking away, but I guess that's a good thing. When I turned the big 3-0 this year it was such a slap in the face. I just kept thinking about the milestones that I have not yet achieved. But I am not going to dwell or focus on that. I am being more positive these days, remember?

A. has always been a jokester. He loves to make people laugh-especially me. It is one of the things I love about him. I wanted to make him laugh too so I gave him this card:






I wanted to do something special for A. tonight. I am going to make him a nice dinner, and have a quiet evening at home. Usually I would grill up a steak, but I didn't plan this so well tonight. When I went to the supermarket they were sold out. So, we had BBQ chicken wings, mashed potatoes and roasted brussels sprouts. I even indulged and had a wee bit of wine (sshh, don't tell Schoolie). It was really a nice night.

After dinner we are going to cuddle on the couch watching one of our favourite shows, 24 and just be together. What could be better?

-R.

No comments:

Post a Comment