Monday, August 16, 2010

What Would You Do?

Local RE called this morning, it wasn't a blood clot after all. It was tissue. Oh shit. It's gone now, but what should I do?

I don't want to tell CCRM, they will just make me wait longer, but what if there is a reason to tell? The RE didn't think it was a big deal. She is glad that it is gone now, and recommended an ultrasound with my next period just to be sure, but that would be done anyway. Originally I was told 60 days from the time the tissue was gone before getting pregnant. Well 60 days takes me to Sept. 10th, I don't want to wait anymore. I am sick of it. Besides, the earliest I could possibly see myself getting in for an FET would be end of September, so really is there a point to telling?


PS- Bad stuff has got to stop happening to me, I have been written about on LFCA too many times in the past two months! It is time for some good news.


  1. Stopping by from LFCA to send support & love your way! Sorry to hear you're dealing with this right now, not sure what to tell you, but hope you are able to decide what is best for you. Thinking of you:)

  2. Hey R,

    Jeez, that's a tough one. If it was me, I think I'd wait to tell them after the upcoming ultrasound after your next AF. Of course the best advice is to tell. But how would you feel if your FET came up BFN...would you wonder if the BFN was due to not waiting the 60 days after your next AF?

    Totally sympathize with you.

  3. Oooh this is a tough one. I am not sure what I would do. I totally feel your dilemma - on one hand I would just want to keep going, and on the other, I would want to go with full disclosure. I think I would tell them, if it were me. Keep us posted on your decision - lots of luck and good thoughts!

  4. I totally know what you mean--you don't want to be further delayed, but you don't want to make a mistake by not telling them. I agree that you are definitely long overdue for some good news!

  5. you, my friend, are overdue for a lot of things.

    and im not sure this girl is the person you want to take advice from. i waited seven months before i even did anything. and still BFN. i will tell you that of three girls i know who had losses around the same time, 1 had a miscarriage and just had her BFP, one had two miscarriages since, and one is fine and holding strong at twenty weeks.

    so i guess, like anything else, its a damn crapshoot. hoping upon hoping upon hoping that whenever it is that it's the last time for a while!

  6. {{{R.}}}, if it were me, I would tell CCRM. Just in case the FET doesn't go the way we're all hoping, I wouldn't want you to wonder "what if". Since you're planning on this being your last cycle, I think it's worth it to get Dr. Schoolcraft's opinion. I'm sorry, it totally sucks, but hopefully he won't feel like a small amount of tissue requires a delay in cycling. By any chance did your clinic test the tissue?

    Thinking of you....


  7. I would tell CCRM because they will be adjusting your meds as if you had a blood clot. And, I would ask for Cheryl to be your nurse because you don't need any more crap from K. The outcome may be better than you think.


  8. Hi R,
    This totally sucks. I'm so sorry. And I hate to say it, because I know you are not going to want to hear it, but I think you should tell CCRM. This is your body, your health, and potential for your future pregnancy. I'm pretty sure such a small piece of tissue wouldn't set you back too much. And you want all the conditions to be optimal for your next transfer. I know it's hard, but I really think you should fess up, and I think you'll feel better when you do. Sorry honey.

  9. Man, that's tough. Waiting is a huge bummer, and that's a ridiculous understatement. Do whatever you need to do, and make sure that involves taking good care of yourself. (((Hugs)))

  10. They are your medical team. Withholding information from them is something you should not even be contemplating for a second.

  11. This is a tough decision. I would probably tell just in case it is something significant.

  12. I would tell. You don't want to be withholding information from them, they are working hard to get you pregnant, and this may be something that will factor in to that goal. While you don't want to wait, while you are feeling impatient (and reasonably so!) remember you also want to make sure you have the most hospitable environment for the FET. You don't want to have anything that will hinder a good FET, and this might. I know the waiting sucks! But remember, you want to end up pregnant, and must do everything you can to ensure that happens, Even if it means waiting a little longer.