Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Obsessing

I'm in an award stage right now, trying not to obsess over every little detail about the cycle, while at the same time, obsessing that the cycle is upon me. I think I must check my calendar at least fives times a day making sure the dates are right and counting how long until retrieval, transfer and even beta day! I know, I need a life.

Right now, I cannot focus on any other element of life. This cycle is consuming my every thought. I spend many hours on the chat boards and reading the blogs of other inspiring women who are fighting the same battle as me. I have learned so much valuable information and life lessons from these women and am so thankful for this one and only aspect of infertility...meeting these women.

I guess the point, I'm not so eloquently making is that even though I am trying not be, I'm obsessed with infertility. Its not healthy, but I can't help it.

-R.

2 comments:

  1. You are allowed to obsess. You've earned that right. :) Thinking of you as you head to Denver. I am also so very thankful that I have "met" such amazing women who are able to "get it".

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am the same way--I think it's only natural. We've been through a lot, so much is out of our control, so we have to obsess over all the little things that we can (kind of) control, like making sure every little thing is done on the calendar, etc. Hang on--you're almost there!

    ReplyDelete