Sunday, February 7, 2010

Superbowl Sunday

I am not a sports lover. I cannot sit in front of the television watching any game. My father can; he is an avid sports fan. Golf, hockey, baseball, basketball or football, or even curling, if it is on, he's watching. Thank goodness A. is not like that either. A. loves to go to the stadium to watch the game live, however on TV, its not really his thing. I on the other hand, like the food at the event rather than the event itself. The few times I have been to either a basketball, baseball or hockey game I focused all my attention on scouting out what to order first and time my trips to the food counter accordingly. It is very important to make sure you go during an inning high as then there are no lines.

So tonight as the Superbowl is upon us, I think about sports. Who am I kidding I never think about sports. In fact, I don't even know which teams are playing tonight. How pathetic is that?

Every year my father and uncles throw together a massive Superbowl party and invite all their friends and families. It is not a male only party, however I have never been invited. Like I said, I could care less about the game, but I hear the food is to die for. Pizza, wings, deli meat, party sandwiches and anything else you can think of. So A. is going as usual and I will have a relaxing evening with the girls (mom, sis and grandma). Our evening will not be nearly as foodtastic as the boys, but we will have a cheesy chick flick, some yummy take out and definitely no screaming.

So I ask, which would you rather?

-R.

No comments:

Post a Comment