Tuesday, February 2, 2010

What Are the Chances

I am still torn about the dress situation and have not fully decided what to do and probably won't until I am in the store tomorrow. I did call the store today to get some information about my choices and this is how the conversation went.

Me: Hi, I am a bridesmaid in a wedding in August and I may be pregnant, what should I do about the dress size?

Salesman: Oh that is so funny, you are the second person to ask that today. The first was a girl who is 6 weeks with a wedding at the beginning of August and doesn't want the bride to know.

Me: What did you tell this girl to do?

Salesman: Seeing as she was quite petite, I told her to order two sizes bigger. It would also depend on your dress style.

Me: Mine is 7002.

Salesman: So was hers.

Ok, in my mind I have this all figured out. She is referring to the my cousin's other cousin on the other side (if that makes sense). I can't figure out how I feel about this. Normally, I am in hysterics at the onset of hearing about someone's pregnancy, but this time I find it comical. Yes, she has only been married one year next month, and yes, she is a few years younger than me, and yes, it probably worked for her on the first try, but it is what it is. But in all honesty, what are the chances?

-R.

3 comments:

  1. You know, when I read the salesman's comment about it being the same style & for a wedding at the same time, my first reaction was "Oh shit" and you have to understand that I don't swear.

    You're right - what are the chances?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh jeez. That is so freakin' annoying! I'm so sorry. I hope you are out-bumping her by then, and I can GUARANTEE you'll appreciate your pregnancy more than she does hers...she might disagree, but we infertiles know better. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete