Sunday, March 14, 2010

How to Say Thank You

A. is at the airport waiting to check in as I type. There are so many emotions running through me right now, that I don't even know what to think or how to feel. I realized late last night, that there was so much to do before A. left. We had to read and sign all the consent forms, make sure A. had all his travel documents and confirmations and I had to write a card to Ms. Perfect. I went a search to find the perfect card, but it was not easy. I went to bookstores and card stores and searched and searched, until I found the one.

I have had the card for over a week without writing it. How does do I even find the words to say thank you for what is the most generous gift I will ever receive? I have struggled with finding these words for a while. I have thought of little else but this woman, this cycle and this potential baby for months and now it is so close. After a lot of thinking I finally wrote these words:

There are no adequate words for me to express my sincere thanks, appreciation and admiration for you and your generous gift. I hope that all your hopes and dreams will be fulfilled as you have made mine come true today. I hope that this gift brings you happiness and when you wear it you think of me and how you have helped make me feel whole again. Thank you from the bottom of my hear.



I hope Ms. Perfect loves the gift and remembers that it takes a special person to give a piece of themselves to someone. I will never forget this.

-R.

No comments:

Post a Comment