Thursday, March 4, 2010

Meetings

I used to hear people talk about the meetings they have and thought what do people do in a meeting? As a teacher, I have very few meetings and the ones I do are pretty informal. Now, as an executive of a large volunteer organization in Toronto, I go to a lot of meetings.

My role is Programming Chair and my main project right now is organizing an event in honour of International Women's Day which is March 8th. As the event is approaching, we had our final face to face meeting tonight where we tried to iron out many of the last minute details. Talk talk talk. I am talked out, which is strange for me.

It does feel awfully good to have something other than fertility to focus on...especially today. Tomorrow is the dreaded day where I will find out if this cycle is actually going to happen. I know it is, but until I hear from the nurse herself, I won't truly believe it.

-R.

No comments:

Post a Comment