Monday, May 31, 2010

6dp5dt

Last night after I saw that faint line, I was trembling. I wanted both excitedly and anxiously by the door with the stick in my hand, for A. to get home. He. Didn't. Believe. Me. His shock was serious. He kept asking if it was too early to know. I actually went to some of your blogs to show him that 5dp5dt is the day when a line can show. I even showed him pictures of your hpts. LOL. I think it took an hour for him to fully grasp what that line meant. He was crying, I was shaking and crying and we were both completely shocked. I think I started at that beautiful second line for the next few hours. Total shock. I even slept with the stick beside my bed!

I needed continued confirmation that what I saw yesterday was true. I needed to do it again. We decided to wait until after work today as there may not have be enough of a hormone difference between last night and this morning. To say that I thought about this all day would be the understatement of the year.

I came (rushed) home from work, called A. to get the all clear (I think today he was more anxious than me) and then went up stairs. This time, the second line came instantly. It is getting darker and it is still the most beautiful thing in the world.

I can't believe that I may actually be pregnant. Could this really have worked? Do I have the thin little lining that could? My head is spinning.

Symptoms: Tiredness continues (although the excitement made it easy to get up this morning, however very sleepy at work), boobs continue to be sore, I am aware of my lower abdomen (on and off cramping/pulling), nauseous/anxious in the pit of my stomach (since the afternoon).

-R.

UPDATE: I needed to talk to my sister. I needed to know before beta day (Thursday) if she was going to be the one to give my parents their first grandchild. She is. She got pregnant on her first month of trying. She will be five weeks ahead of me. Really? Why couldn't she have waited just one more month? Why? I am obviously SO happy and excited for her, but really?

14 comments:

  1. R- I am so happy for you! I really do think this is going to be it for you. And I know how you feel about your sister, but really, you'll have to let that go. My sister is 6 years younger than me and has already had 2 children. It was hard for me, especially the second one who was born since I started TTC, but what can I do? And your parents are going to treasure each one of their grandchildren, no matter what. And this will be really fun for you and your sister to make this journey together. She is only a little ways ahead of you.
    Again, I am so excited for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!

    Honestly, my husband probably wouldn't have believed a positive HPT that early either. It would have taken the second positive test to convince him.

    Oh, and about your sister. . . I'm sorry. I'm an older sister myself, and I've sometimes thought of the fact that my younger sister was the one to provide the first grandchild.

    Look on the bright side, though: it'll be SO cool for both your babies to have a first cousin so close in age! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. congratulations! see i told you! :)
    and that early, sounds like twins!

    best wishes for a happy and VERY uneventful pregnancy

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too am wishing you a very uneventful pregnancy.

    RJ

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok well, about your sister--that does suck. I'm happy that it sounds like you two will be preggers together, but I totally get the wishing she would have just held off one more freakin' month. BUT--with that early of a test maybe it's twins and yours will come a little early (but not too early) and you'll be first AND with TWO! Just a thought.

    SUPER CONGRATS! I knew you'd be seeing double :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah Reesa, your news this AM put me in a good mood all day long. I couldn't wait for you to update your blog. I am so so happy for you and A. Ah just so happy...

    Kinda too bad about your sis but thank God she won't have to go through the hell you did. Little comfort but maybe ask her if it would be okay if you could share your news first?

    LisainSK

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so thrilled for you!! Congratulations!! I can't wait to hear your beta numbers!

    Hubby's younger brother is four months ahead of us with the first grandchild too, sorry about your sis....

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats! Congrats!! Congrats!!!

    I too say it's twins with such a dark line 6dpd5t and having it come up so quickly!!! Don't think about anyone else (i.e. your sister) for a second and just relish in this moment. Savour every second. I can't believe you had so much self control to wait until after work today to do a second test! You must have been positively beaming at work today.

    BTW I totally get what you're saying about your sister. As it turns out, my sister also just found out that she was pregnant when I told her my news and while I was really happy for her, it was truly a mixed bag of emotions. You worked SO HARD (so freaking bloody hard) for this and you should be the first one to give your parents grandchildren, not that this is a competition. However, if you are having twins, chances are you will still have them first because twins arrive earlier than singletons so stick that in your hat girlfriend!

    I'm so excited for you and can't wait to see what your numbers are on Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats!! This is so good to hear. I needed to hear a success story. Gives me some hope abt CCRM. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sweeet! Keeping peeing on those sticks! You feel wonderful every time!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So happy for you R although I'm feeling for you on the sister front. Enjoy your time, this is your bliss!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I was thinking about my comment I wrote above, and I hope I didn't come across as too harsh, saying "just get over it"... I really didn't mean it like that - of course I understand how painful it is to be in that situation with your sister. I guess I have just been trying so hard myself not to enter too much in the "bitter" camp, which I have seen happen to so many IF women. I don't know how close you are to your sister, but I hope you'll be able to talk about all of this and in time it won't seem so painful. And as someone else said, it will be really fun for those cousins to be so close in age. I hope you are feeling better and are continuing to get those nice dark lines!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I don't have a sister but I also don't have any parents left, nor does MH. So there are no grandparents to be happy for us. Like pp said, please try to be happy for your sister and enjoy the fact that you both will get to experience pg together. Who cares that she is a month ahead of you, really?

    Good luck with your pg.

    ReplyDelete
  14. May I predict twins so you can take the cake? This is coming from an older sister who already has more than a handful of nieces and nephews! I'm rooting for you!

    ReplyDelete