I couldn't slept last night. My stomach was knots and this morning when my alarm went off (at 6:00), I was already awake. All the way to the doctor's office, I was chanting affirmations to myself. There were a lot of patients this morning, so the wait for an ultrasound took forever (in reality probably 20 min). I had a tech that I haven't seen in a while, and when she reminded me of this, I realized yet again, how long I have been at this. She was really nice and supportive. She new my anxieties and walked me through the ultrasound. She showed me on the screen the triple pattern and explained that it looks like a sandwich. She also showed me each time she measured the lining.
Today it measured at 7mm. I am not sure what this means. I am happy that it is has increased, but am not sure if it is enough to warrant a transfer. Yes, people get pregnant with linings of 6 and 7, but is it with good odds? I am sick of being in the 50% or lower, I went to donor eggs to up my chances, do I really want to risk it with a sub-par lining?
I sent my nurse an email asking her (or preferably a doctor) to call me BEFORE they make any decisions. I have some thoughts that I need to go over with them.
- I'm thinking of transferring with a 7mm. The way I see it, I think I need to two transfers before moving to a surrogate. Obviously, I hope and pray it will work, but if it doesn't, I feel that in the time I would wait for the next transfer, I could have done two transfers.
- If they schedule my transfer for next Monday (or Tuesday), that would give me 3 or 4 more days on this protocol, that is what I need to get up to 7.5mm, which I would feel very comfortable with.
- If they let me proceed with this protocol for another 4 days, I am confident that I could get to 7.5mm.
- I need to know the statistics of my chances with a lining of 7mm and one of 7.5mm and one of 8mm.
So this is my plan for now. I always say that there is no point in making plans, because in the end you have no control over them, but I am going to hope that I at least get consulted before any decisions are made. I will update as soon as I have news. Thank you all for your thoughtful comments and support. It has been so appreciated!
Update: I just got off the phone with my nurse. I literally have been waiting by the phone for hours. I even took it to the bathroom with me! I was so nervous that my stomach has been in knots all day. I have been unable to eat or focus on anything. Anyway, she said that they are encouraged that it continue to thicken and that this protocol is working for me. They are going to recheck me on Monday. She said that unless my lining compacts (which is unlikely) I will get to transfer at some point. It is encouraging news. She also told me that your stats only go down drastically if you transfer under 6 mm.
7 mm is not ideal, but it is acceptable. So the limbo game continues...