Friday, May 21, 2010

Me Time

Today was another all about me day. It started off rather early with a trip to the doctor's office. I had to get my progesterone level checked (its at 13.4 and they want it over so that is good) and I also had to get my estrogen injection. I get injected twice a week on Mondays and Thursday, but last night, the syringe leaked and there wasn't enough to give the shot. I placed a panicked call to the nurse, who told me that she would do it first thing in the morning and not to worry about the few hour delay. Phew. I have been on injectable hormones for three years. Never once have I given myself a shot. I am trypanophobic (petrified of needles). A. or my dad gives me all my injections. I still get nervous before the needle pricks my skin, but I no longer cry out of fear (progress).

After the doctor's office, I returned to the hotel and did some school work for a few hours. I had to email my principal and explain that I would be missing three days of work and then I needed to prepare the lesson plans for while I'm away. This is not a good time to be absent from school as there are only two more teaching weeks before exams and the students really need to benefit from instruction, but what can I do. I was certainly not going to cancel the transfer based on school.

Later, I ventured out to the Park Meadows Mall where I mostly browsed the stores, however I did manage to pick up a great pair of jeans and a tank top at Anthropologie (on sale). I LOVE shopping, but haven't done much of it in the past three years as I am always thinking about when my body grows from pregnancy. I am going to try and live in the moment. The clothes will fit now, and that's all that matters.

After some shopping, I hit the salon. I highlight my hair and usually I plan to get it done right before a transfer. I am pretty attached to my hairdresser, but wasn't really convinced that I would be transferring so I didn't have a chance to go before I got to Denver. My nurse told me that I was not allowed to get it done after the transfer so she recommended a salon near by and it was awesome (I saw Alex).

And now, I am back at the hotel, relaxing and trying to figure out how to download The Young and the Restless* as it has been three days since I've seen an episode and don't think I can wait until I get home to watch from the PVR (Canadian version of DVR).

-R.

* I started watching The Young and the Restless when I was a small child. I have never missed an episode.

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like a FABULOUS day! I loved walking the Park Meadows Mall when we were in Denver. Sounds like things are going well. Thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool! And how brave of you to take on a new hairdresser in a new city? I don't know if I could have handled that stress on top of an FET?! LOL....I love shoppin' too. So glad you had a great day. You deserve it.

    LisainSK

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you! I got my hair done 2 days before transfer too - wishful haircoloring. Enjoy your next few days off - you should check out the outlet mall about 20 min south of ccrm - pretty good browsing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh - there is an outlet mall, now I really excited to go to Colorado! I have been thinking of you lots Rb-K and hope that everything goes well. Hopefully all it takes is 1 transfer.

    RJ

    ReplyDelete
  5. still thinking of and hoping for you
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay for a day for you! You certainly deserve one! And I had my hair cut during our long stim cycle out in Denver and I loved it--I feel like hair styling/cutting is pampering and it was fun using someone totally new. Glad you enjoyed it! And that's crazy about the Young and the Restless :)

    ReplyDelete