Thursday, May 20, 2010

Thoughts Before the BIG Appointment

Today is the day. The day where all my questions get answered...hopefully. I always go into these meetings very prepared. I sat last night a typed out a list of twenty questions, all relating to my specific situation, protocol, statistics, what we would do differently, etc. I have a magic number for success, if I achieve this, I think I feel ok to transfer. I guess I am feeling scared that this may be the best lining I am going to get.

I have been researching on Dr Google and there are a lot of differing opinions out there in terms of what makes an ideal lining. The general response is at least 8 mm with a triple stripe pattern. However, there were many doctors that stated (and yesterday's sonographer and my nurse agreed) that thinner linings (above 6 mm) with the triple pattern and good flow is better than a thicker lining without those other things. I.Just.Don't.Know.

What was reassuring and I didn't write in yesterday's post, is that sonographer reinstated my faith in my local clinic. She said that they are competent and measuring correctly, however in the future (if there are future monitoring appointments) to have them fax the picture along so that they can see for themselves as well. I am not sure how this translates to different monitoring levels, but I'm going with the flow on this one, as they are the experts.

I feel like my lining drama is overtaking any thoughts I may have about any other topics...sorry. I really don't want to do anything that will screw with my best chance to date.

-R.

6 comments:

  1. Good luck today!!! Keeping my fingers crossed for you and your lining!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the update R...thinking of you

    LisainSK

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wishing you lots and lots of luck R!!!!! Hopefully this meeting will ease some of your anxieties!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm keeping everything crossed for great news for you today!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck! May all your questions get answered today. I always used to have written questions too when I would do the meetings over the phone. I'll be sending you good lining vibes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good Luck! I have found having a list of questions is the best way to go into appts. Thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete