Tuesday, May 18, 2010

WTF???

Today was literally the most stressful, emotional and fucked day of my life. When I left my doctor’s office this morning after the ultrasound, I was uncontrollable. Screaming, crying, basically hysterical. I couldn’t speak clearly, I honestly don’t know how I drove home. My father (who is a GP) was in the area of the clinic and went in to speak with the doctor.

What I gather from that conversation is that when there is fluid in your uterus, it is usually a sign that your lining is compacting. Based on yesterday’s ultrasound report, she would have cancelled me right then and there.

Once I heard this, I immediately realized I had no chance. I emailed my nurse and said that I know I am cancelled, but I want to the dr before the weekend.

4.5 very long and sad hours passed.

I then got an email from the nurse.
“R. I spoke with the dr and he reviewed your ultrasound. He can not tell you 100% for sure what your lining is measuring, but he can tell you it is better than what your clininc there is telling you”. WHAT?

1.5 very long, confused and anxious hours passed.

I fianally got hold of the nurse. The doctor and head ultrasonographer both agree that there is NO fluid in my lining (according to the scans I emailed). So, as of now, my lining is measuring between 7.8 mm – 8 mm. WHAT? I also asked her about the significance of fluid and was told that fluid in the uterus is not usally problematic and when you take progesterone, it flushes it out.

I am going to Denver tomorrow morning and have an ultrasound scheduled for 11:30am. As of now, I am still on track for a transfer (earliest would be Monday). At this point, I am very skeptical and not sure who I believe or what is happening. I also have an appointment with the doctor on Thursday morning, but am hoping to speak with him tomorrow instead.

That’s my story for day, it is pretty unbelievable and I am still in shock. I just don’t know what/who to believe. This was an exhausting day.

-R.

12 comments:

  1. What a shocker!! Safe travels and every finger and toe is crossed for you!!

    LisainSK

    ReplyDelete
  2. What?? I'm confused about everything that has transpired but at the same time I am feeling hopeful for you that a transfer may be around the corner! Stick to your guns and demand some answers ~ it sounds like the right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing, which I have experienced at my own clinic so I completely understand your frustration with this very fucked up situation. Hang in there and try to remember to breathe :) I'm holding on to hope that good things are on their way to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh! What a day of extreme highs and lows. I so very much hope that your u/s tomorrow shows a nice thick lining! : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! What a rollercoaster this has been! I know I felt so much better when I was in the capable hands of the techs in Denver. I hope that you get good news tomorrow and things are a go! Have a safe journey!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just getting crazier and crazier! I think that is great that you are going out to Denver. I wonder if, once you speak to the doctor, they might be able to squeeze you in earlier than Monday for a transfer. Why not Friday? And I know that they don't usually do elective transfers over the weekend, but they do fresh ones as well as retrievals on the weekends, so maybe they could make an exception. You should bring that up if they don't. Good luck and have a safe trip!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, what a crazy day. I'm so sorry you are having to go through this. Enough stress for this week already! Have a safe trip. I will be thinking about you and praying that your transfer goes well:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh man, that is a f'd up experience. You're flying out to Denver tomorrow? I'm literally going to miss you by one day.

    Once you are out here, at least you'll have a chance at some good techs getting your lining measurements. And hopefully the same one for each one?

    I'm so sorry that you're having to exhaust yourself before you even get out here.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh R. I'm so sorry you're going through such a roller coaster ride with the lining. That was what I found the most frustrating with cycling in the US and having to do so much work up here first. I ended up going down early just to have the clinic in Denver do more of the work so we would avoid stupid mix ups and differences of opinions like you had today. GOOD LUCK IN DENVER and I hope that things go really well for you. I'll be checking in on you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow... this is crazy. I am holding out hope that your local clinic was indeed wrong and that you actually get a transfer done within the next couple of days. Good Luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG - are you kidding???? So this thing may still be a go?? Damn, I'm nauseous from this roller coaster and I'm just watching you go by. Hang in there! Fingers crossed for good news at CCRM today.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, what a roller coaster! I'm so happy to hear your lining is not compacting and that your tranfer is coming up!! Tons of good luck coming your way!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hope you are safe in Denver! Keep checking for an update. Thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete